Ex Indian President Dr. Abdul Kalam Says:

When I was a kid, my Mom cooked food for us.

One night in particular when she had made dinner after a long hard day's work, Mom placed a plate of subzi (vegetables) and extremely burnt roti (bread) in front of my Dad.

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt roti. But Dad just ate his roti and asked me how was my day at school.

I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember I heard Mom apologizing to Dad for the burnt roti.

And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burnt roti."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy, good night & I asked him if he really liked his roti burnt. He wrapped me in his arms & said:

"Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she was really tired. And besides... A burnt roti never hurts anyone but HARSH WORDS DO!"